Getting Positive, Letting Out the Negative

Twenty-two years ago, two parallel lines on the pregnancy test kit brought the greatest excitement in my life.  A week ago, two parallel lines on a test kit brought shivers to my senses.  The fear of Covid set in momentarily.  However, I did not let fear overwhelm me because doing so would prevent me from thinking rationally.  I was transformed back to a prayerful state because I am always confident that the power of prayer counts a lot. However, prayer should be attenuated with positivity and toughness of mind.

Of course, I do not discount the possibility of the severity of the disease but knowing that I am fully vaccinated and boosted, I will not suffer much.  I monitored my body temperature which has been on the rise for three days and I  closely monitored my oxygen saturation.  I had also steam inhalation to soothe my stuffy nose and had a regular gargle and took  more water and juices, managed to eat well, and I got more sleep. I also had my regular dose of online masses and prayers to beef me up. 

Widowed for eleven years and having a daughter schooled away from home since her high school days, I've gotten used to living alone, hence, it doesn't depress  me to be alone while I am sick.  I even experienced driving myself  for medical care to undergo under the knife or whenever I feel awfully sick. Having gotten the Covid virus, it even appeased me that I am alone at home and that I cannot infect other people.  

I was physically absent from my Church service, but I am glued to the net to monitor assignments.  

"Angels in Rescue"                                                                                                                                        

Grateful for the Sister Servants for seeing into my needs, thus, I did not have to worry about food and medication.  Ever since, they have been my "angels in rescue".   They have  always been my prayer warriors, too. My sister, my brother, my daughter and my in-laws were at close monitoring.  My BFFs, as always, were there to check on me.  I never felt alone.  To these people, I have always MY GRATITUDE.  To some closest to me, MY APOLOGIES for not telling them that I am sick.  I do not like to add up to the worrisome situation arising from the issues of the pandemic, inflation, unemployment, natural catastrophes, wars, conflicts, etc.

"Netflix and Dramacool"                                                                                                                              

Alternating with Netflix and Dramacool, I hooked up with my telenovelas - Knovelas, Chinovelas, Thainovelas, Japnovelas and other foreign language novelas - they kept me entertained and brightened my mood. Of course, I didn't go binging because I have to sleep early, and besides, I slept most of  the time due to the malady. The Net served best for me while I am on quarantine.

"BTS"                                                                                                                                                            

Since 2010, I am a fan of Korean novelas for they spice up my daily life, but definitely, I am not into KPop, perhaps because of age.  I must admit, I've heard about the BTS a long time ago, however, they did not ring a bell, so I did not take much interest in them. These past two weeks, I took interest in the multi-awarded Korean septet, the BTS (Bangtan Sonyeondan, which literally mean Bulletproof Boy Scouts, in Korean).  I came across a news article regarding the debate on  whether they be exempt from the mandatory military service which is required for all able-bodied Korean men.  Though, these young men also signified their willingness to undergo military service, a loud cry from the ARMY (Adorable Representative M.C. of the Youth), the fandom of the BTS, is causing a buzz because of the group's contribution to the Korean culture and a whooping $3.6B  annual contribution to the Korean economy since 2020. This took my interest and I began searching about this Boy Band.  - their music,  their rise to world celebrity status, their hardships, their personalities, their controversies.  Indeed, they stole my heart and they gained my adulation. Have I finally become an ARMY? Ha ha ha!

Getting positive of the virus needs a letting out of negative elements to combat pressures and threats.  We may not take control of  all situations but we can manage to face situations based on our own will and determination.  The power of prayer and the human will power are forces that make us go through life.  

I am on the road to recovery and I am grateful that God's Healing Hands have touched me once again and in a few days I can bounce back to my usual routine.

hba.08-13.2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NAT Reviewer (2) - Araling Panlipunan IV

MTOT for G10 in Araling Panlipunan: An Impression

The Catcher In The Rye and The Concept of Communication